Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Detox Clay Beauty Mask

Detox Clay Beauty Mask

How many of you have tried one of those charcoal detox masks from the store? Did you almost peel your skin right off? I've seen some funny videos of the tarry like masks becoming a source of pain and discomfort. The truth is that it's not really very funny when it comes to most of these ready made masks.

Most "beauty" products have a long list of toxic ingredients that are actually damaging to your skin and your body. Our skin is the largest organ we have and everything you put on your skin will absorb into your body and have to be processed through the same detoxification processes as the foods we eat. I have learned this the hard way as I have always been a "lotionholic"and actually overused all these products on every inch of skin I have! I have since learned that if I won't or can't eat it I shouldn't put it on my skin.

I now make just about every product that I use for my skin using natural and plant based ingredients. This mask recipe is no different! The ingredients are simple, effective, and safe! This will not only detox your skin but also help to heal any blemishes you may have. Check out the benefits of each ingredient below!


Green Clay:

Detox properties, draws out impurities, unique blend of minerals, exfoliant, has a negative charge and works like a magnet to pull out positive charged impurities.


Activated Charcoal:

Cleanser and detoxifier, binds to pull the dirt out of your pores, exfoliating, pulls excessive oils out for oily skin types.


Aloe Vera:

Anti-inflammatory, wound healing properties, treats skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, and eczema. Moisturizing, over 75 different antioxidant nutrients that fight aging.


Tea Tree Oil:

Treats infections of the skin such as acne, kills certain bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Boosts wound healing.


These are the main ingredients for this mask. I also used my Now brand tea tree oil. 
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. I use the back of the spoon to apply to my face.
Apply all over your face and leave on for about 20 minutes. I rinse well with water before using a washcloth to wipe the remaining off. It's less messy that way!




Detox Clay Beauty Mask

1 tsp Green Clay
2 capsules of Activated Charcoal
1 tsp of Aloe Vera Gel
1-2 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil


No comments:

Post a Comment