Monday, October 4, 2010

Start of a journey.

Here I am beginning my journey to a greener, healthier life. I feel that I already do many things to live healthy and help the environment but I am going to continue to add to those basic principles. It is my hope than in this quest I will learn to do more that will in essence save our health as a family and the health of our natural resources.

I think that my family's eating habits are better than the average American household but when I see my recycling bin at the end of the week I realize we are still purchasing way too many pre-packaged foods. I know that if I cut down on these already prepared foods I will be feeding my family healthier foods with no preservatives and cutting back on the harmful effects of consuming products stored in toxic plastic. When I make these changes not only will I be able to visit the recycling bins less often (I don't, but my supportive husband does it for me:) but I will be helping by not contributing these items for recycling which even though it is better to recycle it still consumes energy.

I know everyone is busy and prepackaged is easier but easier is not always better. I know this style of living takes more time but I will try to prove it to be well worth it. I also know that money is tight for most Americans at this time so I will prove this lifestyle to be better for the budget too.

Join me on this quest and take the baby steps to a better and healthier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment